It has been a rousing season for the 2018 Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes. With as many as six shows a day and 35,000 guests often streaming through the doors daily, the demand to see the timeless production has never been higher. Indeed, the show has been extended with 10 additional performances, running through Jan. 6.
The Madison Square Garden Company is determined to meet the needs and preferences of its guests and create as fulfilling a holiday experience as possible. Now, blending refined metrics with a personal touch, Radio City has enhanced how it goes about gauging customer sentiment and, in response, implemented a number of changes in and around the theater.
The idea comes down to this: Listening, and then taking action.
- First and foremost, all guests who purchase their tickets through Ticketmaster are now invited to take a survey at 9 a.m. the next morning about their experience. A Guest Services representative will reach out to anyone with a concern by phone or email. In addition, customers on line at the box office are routinely canvassed for their input.
- With so many daily visitors, Radio City is taking steps to shorten lines and help people move in and out of the theater more smoothly. Responding to feedback, we’ve just added four additional metal detectors that can accommodate 800 people, helping us to ease the flow through the doors.
- We encourage all guests to come an hour before showtime, with first arrivals having the chance to enter the splendor of the Grand Lounge well before the show begins. We don’t want anyone to miss a moment of the performance.
- With an eye toward encouraging early seating, we created a new digitally-animated intro video accompanied by a countdown to the start of the performance, that plays in the theater before the curtain goes up.
- Keep in mind, too, that once the show begins we want everyone to enjoy the experience without interruption. Responding to concerns expressed by our guests, we now hold off seating until a scene has ended.
- Paying attention to detail, and again, listening to our customers, a 30 percent merchandise discount available for Chase cardholders has now been extended to photos you can take with a life-sized Santa and life-sized Rockettes.
- Also, using information gleaned from our surveys, we’ve enlisted additional guest service ambassadors, on hand to ensure that all guests receive 3-D glasses. We want everyone to get the full thrill of the animation when Santa flies into town.
We also offer some tips: We encourage our guests to leave bags behind. And please note that in addition to the iconic entrance on Sixth Ave., Radio City offers side entrances on 50th and 51st Streets.
As we work to enhance the Christmas Spectacular experience, rest assured of one more thing: We will continue to keep our eyes and ears open for anything else we can do. We will keep on listening.
For additional information and assistance, check out these resources:
And for your tickets to the 2018 Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes, click here.
About Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp.
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment experiences. The Company presents or hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; and The Chicago Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has announced plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary approvals. In addition, the Company features the original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com.